The CRA has announced that for the first time ever, the T183, both individual and corporate returns, as well as equivalent Québec forms can now be digitally signed. This means accountants can now practice safe social distancing and keep the safety of their clients, and staff, top of mind.
Gone are the days of non-secure file sharing through email or regular mail. Accountants’ handling of client documents is not only a professional obligation, it’s a legal obligation as well.
CCH iFirm’s partnership with DocuSign now gives accountants additional peace of mind that document exchanges are secure. Clients can also be reassured that their personal information stays personal.
Clients can now sign authorized tax forms (such as T183, T183 CORP, TP-1000, CO-1000, and T1013), engagement letters, or other type of documents with their existing access to CCH iFirm Portal. This feature is also now fully integrated between CCH iFirm Portal and CCH iFirm Taxprep & iFirm Cantax. You can publish documents or forms that require your customer’s digital signature in a single click. To streamline your signature process, a built-in tag was integrated to the forms to indicate where the digital signature must be affixed.
Spend less time in client meetings with a digital workflow.
Use CCH iFirm Portal to share documents and get signatures from your clients from the same secure interface.
Your clients will love how easy it is to provide signatures!
From an email notification, clients will follow simple instructions that guide them through the signing process. As soon as the documents are signed you will get notified.
The process is simple:
- Upload your documents to be signed from the CCH iFirm Portal interface
- Indicate where your client should sign, by dragging tags on the document
- Clients receive a notification asking them to sign their documents
- Clients follow a simple step to sign the document. The whole process takes less than 20 seconds
- They click finish, and they’re done.
- That’s not all, you get the signed documents back into your portal in a matter of seconds!
Why CCH iFirm Digital Signature?
- Safe & secure
- Powered by DocuSign, the world leader in Electronic Signature
- Integrated with CCH iFirm Portal
- Quick & Easy for you and your clients to use
- Configure templates with signature tagsfor common documents so youwon’t have to manually do this for each document.
- Fewer client errors – it’s 100% clear where they need to sign and date each document
- Fast – Signatures can be done in 20 seconds
- Cost effective
eSignature Legality in Canada
Electronic Signature has been recognized by law in Canada since 1999, with the passage of the Uniform Electronic Commerce Act. Canada has a history of being an Open, business-friendly, eSignature technology-neutral environment.
DocuSign™ belongs to © DocuSign Inc., 2003.
Please refer to our partner website for additional information about the applicability in Canada: https://www.docusign.com/how-it-works/legality/global/canada